With 100+ physicians in 20 specialties, Collom & Carney Clinic serves the healthcare needs of more than 200,000 active patients. This "Physician Owned" group has been a staple in East Texas for the past 70 years. Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) has recognized Collom & Carney as a better performer in the "Performance and Practices of Successful Medical Groups." The clinic has received this distinction since 1998, the first year criteria was developed for this award. The clinic has always maintained a standard of professionalism and excellence, yet within a friendly working environment. All of our physicians are provided with the best resources available, including state-of-the-art equipment, superior staff support, and administrative assistance.
Summary Of Position And Responsibilities
Must have ARRT and a valid Texas State License.
Submission of an application should not be construed as an offer and does not automatically result in your being selected for the position. The goal of the Clinic continues to be to place the best qualified applicant in the position.
Collom & Carney Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Must have current nursing license.
Please submit an online application.
You may also apply in person in the Human Resources office.
Must have current nursing license
Must be ARRT or registry eligible. Must possess a current Texas License.
2 years experience as Mammography Technologist preferred
Salary is dependent upon experience
Under direct general supervision of Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner, the Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) is to assist and perform general nursing duties in the course of providing care and treatment of patients in the office setting. Pleasant, courteous disposition with the ability to work with patients as well as employees and physicians. Professional in conduct and appearance.
Must have current license.
To perform the clerical functions of the Radiology Technician positions enabling them to better utilize their time with the patient.
1. Check in patients: order charge ticket, order label, mark charge ticket, type patient an identification card.
2. Escort patient to dressing room, instruct how to undress for their exam. Assist the elderly and handicapped patients with dressing and undressing.
3. Answer four phone lines.
4. Schedule appointments for mammograms, bone density, fluoroscopy, CT scans, and sonograms (ultrasounds).
5. Pull x-ray film and /or report for Doctors and nurses when requested.
6. Pull requested film, make copies and mail to outside Doctors and facilities.
7. Fax reports to requesting doctors.
8. Box up material to be shred on a routine basis.
9. Process mammograms questionnaires daily.
10. Check charge tickets to make sure there is one for every procedure.
11. Deliver reports twice daily to doctors offices.
12. Pick up x-ray film daily at doctors offices.
13. Send outside films back weekly.
14. Do a monthly call and request for Collom & Carney films on loan to other facilities.
15. Instruct patients in regard to the preps for their exams and give the proper preparation kits.
16. Help patient fill out release forms and questionnaires.
17. Post dictation for bone density reports.
18. Checks orders for next day for RQI’s and diagnosis.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Typing and computer skills helpful.
3. Medical background helpful.
Taking care of all accounts with Blue Cross Blue Shield as their primary insurance.
1. File all Texas and Arkansas Blue Cross Plans Claims. This involves making sure all correct information is printed on the claims before mailing them.
2. Works all above insurance denials. Must decide why a claim was denied, correct it if possible and re-file as soon as possible.
3. If a procedure is denied that we cannot collect on, maybe the procedure is bundled or global, then you must write up a request for a write off to forward to Data Department.
4. Answer phone calls from the patients or other departments.
5. File all supplement insurance claims, which involves matching the claims with the Blue Cross EOB’s and mailing them.
6. Order claims form EOB’s that don’t have a matched claim and vice versa.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Computer experience.
3. Must know how to use a CPT book and ICD-10 book. At least 2 - 4 weeks of training is required.
4. At least one year follow-up experience on claims is desirable.
1. Pleasant, friendly disposition with the ability to work with patients as well as employees.
2. Awareness of need for discretion and for keeping confidential all matters relating to clinic, the employees and the patients.
3. Intelligence to use judgement and initiative in determining the course of action with filing claims.
4. Ability to handle stressful situations while remaining calm.
5. Exhibits a cooperative helpful manner toward co-workers.
6. Tact and diplomacy when dealing with patients.
Will do all the diagnostic readings from the hospitals. Sets up new patients and updates the patients. Checks for covered diagnosis and helps others in Census department with batching, if needed.
Must be ARRT with Texas License required. MR credentials preferred. Salary dependent upon experience.
Submission of an application should not be construed as an offer and does not automatically result in you being selected for the position. The goal of the Clinic continues to be to place the best qualified applicant in the position.
Collom & Carney Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Under direct general supervision of Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner, the Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) or CMA is to assist and perform general nursing duties in the course of providing care and treatment of patients in the office setting. Pleasant, courteous disposition with the ability to work with patients as well as employees and physicians. Professional in conduct and appearance.
Please contact Angela Bonner at 903-614-3208 for more details.
Nurse Practitioner in the department of Family Practice to work in skilled nursing.