With 100+ physicians in 20 specialties, Collom & Carney Clinic serves the healthcare needs of more than 200,000 active patients. This "Physician Owned" group has been a staple in East Texas for the past 70 years. Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) has recognized Collom & Carney as a better performer in the "Performance and Practices of Successful Medical Groups." The clinic has received this distinction since 1998, the first year criteria was developed for this award. The clinic has always maintained a standard of professionalism and excellence, yet within a friendly working environment. All of our physicians are provided with the best resources available, including state-of-the-art equipment, superior staff support, and administrative assistance.
Summary Of Position And Responsibilities
Must have ARRT and a valid Texas State License.
Submission of an application should not be construed as an offer and does not automatically result in your being selected for the position. The goal of the Clinic continues to be to place the best qualified applicant in the position.
Collom & Carney Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Must have current nursing license.
Please submit an online application.
You may also apply in person in the Human Resources office.
Must have current nursing license
Must have current Texas/Arkansas License.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have current license.
1. To work one on one with the patient if for any reason the patient is not aware of a balance on account.
2. Key collection reports when needed.
3. Key batches and blue mail when needed.
4. Step in for Supervisor when she is out of office.
5. Verify benefits on various procedures and treatments.
6. Calls patients with benefits.
1. Pleasant, friendly disposition with the ability to work well with patients.
2. Awareness of need for discretion and for keeping confidential all matters relating to
clinic, employees and the patients.
3. Intelligence to use judgement and initiative determining the course of action with
4. Ability to handle stressful situations while remaining calm and helpful.
5. Tact and diplomacy when dealing with patients.
6. Representing clinic in professional, courteous manner.
7. Able to accept new ideas and implement change in department.
MT (CLS) OR MLT (CLT)
FOR BUSY LABORATORY
HOURS: 8:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M. or until finished
MONDAY – FRIDAY
SOME SATURDAYS REQUIRED
COLLOM AND CARNEY CLINIC
5002 COWHORN CREEK
TEXARKANA, TEXAS 75503
Perform audits as requested for the compliance process improvement, coding validation and other processes that affect reimbursement. Responsibilities also include recommending edits of CPT/ICD-10 codes and descriptions to conform to billing rules and compliance standards, and assist in insuring reimbursement integrity. Maintain a working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party Payers payments regulations and mechanisms for payment while serving as a resource for facility staff for compliance/coding questions.
Must have an understanding of federally funded payer reimbursement regulations. Ability to work independently on multiple, complicated tasks with little or no intervention. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have ICD and CPT code knowledge, computer literacy and chart/bill audit experience preferred. Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Must be a graduate of accredited School of Nursing or credentialed healthcare professional.
Must have current LPN/LVN license
To assist patients with all areas of eyewear needs, glasses and contact
lens in a professional and courteous manner.
1. Instructs new contact lens wearers of the use and care of lens.
2. Orders glasses and contacts from lab.
3. Repairs, adjusts and dispenses glasses.
4. Recommends needs in eyewear such as availability in types of
bifocals, lens material, frames tints, etc.
5. Tinting of lenses for glasses.
6. Verifying all lab work, particularly lens power.
7. Performs bookkeeping functions pertaining to optical shop
and generates appropriate reports.
8. Files Medicare and other insurances.
9. Handles complaints from dissatisfied patients.
10. Files optical records and keeps current.
11. Orders optical supplies and frames.
12. Inserts contacts on cataract patients.
13. Keeps optical shop neat and orderly.
14. Arranges frames attractively.
15. Cleans and disinfects trial contact lens in stock.
16. Answers telephone.
17. Prepares daily and monthly reports.
18. Trains optical employees.
19. Checks monthly invoices before bills are submitted for
20. May help in other areas as requested.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent.
2. Must possess know of computers.
3. At least one year experience with technical equipment pertaining to optical, preferred.
Salary will depend on experience.